Reports to: Principal Scientist
About Jersey Hemp
Jersey Hemp are a Jersey-based multifaceted company operating in the health and wellness area.
The business has four main areas of focus, a consumer division, seed cultivation division, a health and wellness and specialist divisions.
Jersey Hemp is the only Hemp producer in the British Isles to be granted a License to extract and produce CBD. Due to this Jersey Hemp is truly unique in being the first of its kind in being able to manage the full CBD production process from cultivation through to extraction & bottling.
Our seed division specialises in developing new fully organic cultivars and have submitted the first new variety of Hemp in the British Isles.
We are an industry leader in the cannabis industry and recognised nationally as experts in our field.
About the Role
The Laboratory Technician is a vital member of the Scientific Department, occupying a unique and flexible role. The Laboratory Technician will perform a range of daily routine checks and technical tasks, including experiments in the laboratory to support scientific investigations and processes. The main objective is to support scientists and other laboratory professionals to carry out their duties effectively and efficiently. Primarily this will be in the form of setting up equipment, management, maintenance, and upkeep of the laboratory.
· Assisting all production processes (extraction, refinement, purification, etc.)
· Assisting in the preparation of chemicals and solutions
· Inputting departmental Data and updating databases
· Verification and Maintenance of equipment
· Following cleaning and maintenance schedules
· Organising the servicing of equipment and devices
· Stock level checks and processing of supply orders as required
· Monitor and control all laboratory inventory (glassware, consumables, etc.)
· Sterilising, calibrating and setting up laboratory equipment
· Labelling, sorting and storing laboratory samples
· Monitoring and reporting on experiments when required
· Storing and disposing of waste/waste products
· Performing periodic Laboratory and equipment cleaning
· Assisting with equipment construction and repairs
· Glassware cleaning and other apparatus
· Ensuring that laboratories are kept well stocked with all necessary equipment
· Ad hoc tasks or work to be performed as directed by the Principal Scientist
Knowledge and Skills
· Good knowledge of the sciences (Chemistry, Physics and Biology) to at least GCSE standard, with an A-Level in at least one Science
· Two years of practical experience in a laboratory
· Thorough knowledge of laboratory health and safety practices, including waste disposal (chemical)
· Shows initiative and can work collaboratively
· Knowledge and manual dexterity to be able to assemble a variety of manual devices used throughout the laboratory area and the strength to move varying containers
· Computer literacy with Microsoft Office 365
· Good self-organisation and multi-tasking abilities
· Ability to operate data loggers, photocopiers, vacuum pumps, various diagnostic equipment, and all other equipment required
· Ability to work in fast-paced, results oriented environment in a proactive manner
· Strong attention to detail, with a keen eye for excellence to ensure the continued integrity of the brand
· Oriented to continuous improvement/quality control
· Proactive, yet disciplined - identifies opportunities and takes initiative
· Cannabis/Hemp Industry Experience.
· A TEC, ONC, RSciTech or Science Laboratory Technician Certificate is desirable.
· A computer training certificate or similar would be desirable
· The willingness to learn new skills and develop as new technologies are brought in house.
· Jersey Hemp offers a highly competitive package consummate to experience and skills
· Full training on Company policy and procedures and systems
· Healthcare cover
· Flexible working environment
To apply please send your cv and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org