Science and Production Lead
ROLE: Science & Production Lead
REPORTING TO: CEO
HOURS: Full Time
Reporting directly to the CEO, The Science and Production Lead is responsible for maintaining the production schedule, meeting production goals and deadlines, managing a team of lab technicians and maintaining records for compliance and internal reporting. The Science and Production Lead drives the advancement of customer safety, developing accurate testing Standard Operating Procedures.
The Science and Production Lead shall be responsible for training and oversight supervision of all laboratory staff by rigorously and creatively applying their scientific knowledge, expertise and Lab experience and for ensuring that the laboratory achieves and maintains quality standards of practice.
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES
- In depth and relevant knowledge of solvent extraction
- Ability to use and interpret results from HPLC
- Experience in liquid chromatography
- Assuring that Testing equipment is properly maintained and calibrated to assure the highest accuracy in testing quality
- Provide high-level commentary on CBD developments. Communicates with Chief Operating Officer.
- Communicates with outside industry entities as needed to support CBD surveillance
- Provides high-level commentary on vital complaints. Responds to crises involving CBDs complaints. Communicates to Chief Operating Officer
- Communicates with outside industry entities and regulators as needed
- Proactively identifies need for analysis of potential safety issue. Communicates results of analysis to Chief Operating Officer as needed
- Serves as a key advisor in management review meetings and provides data reporting for quarterlyBoard meetings
- Advises in business critical, high risk or high visibility Product Inquiry Report (PIR) issues. Also provides authoritative opinion;
anticipates challenges and poses unasked questions; may request additional investigation; provides critical review at all phases of PIR
- Shall be responsible for training and oversight supervision of all laboratory staff and for ensuring that the laboratory achievesand maintains quality standards of practice
- Provide insight and technical advice to support any external communications
- Assist in any presentation that require specific technical input
- Lead our genetics program to develop new cultivars for registration into the British catalogue
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Doctorate degree in chemical, environmental, or biological sciences from an accredited college or university and two years of post-degree laboratory experience; or
- A master's degree in chemical, environmental, or biological sciences from an accredited college or university and four years of post-degree laboratory experience
- Laboratory: 2 years
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Increased attention to detail
- Essential to be proactive
- Work under own initiative and be a part of a team
IN RETURN WE PROVIDE
- Full training on Company policy and procedures and systems
- Competitive salary, in line with qualifications and experience
- Healthcare Cover
ABOUT JERSEY HEMP
- Looking for the right person to join our team to head up our laboratory here at Jersey Hemp.
- Jersey Hemp is the first company in the British Isles to receive a licence to cultivate, process and extract Cannabinoids from industrial Hemp.This is a very new and exciting emerging area in the Channel Islands
- We are a fully vertical operation from Seed to bottle.
- This is a great opportunity to be a part of a team and a genuine industry leader.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send a covering letter and an up to date CV to email@example.com
GDPR:All applications will be treated with confidentiality and any personal data provided to us will be processed in accordance with the provisions of relevant data protection legislation.